Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort stops logging/ doing anything but keeps running

From: Dheeraj Gupta <dheeraj.gupta4 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:39:28 +0530

Hi,
Sorry for being late. But I can't do anything over the weekend. Will do so
first thing on Monday morning. I tried disabling the SO rules on one of the
sensors and it didn't "lock-up" for about 3-4 hours. I'll go back to the
office (can't go there on the weekend) and see how the sensors are. As an
additional info, I download the ruleset through a script but only keep them
if MD5 matches. Ruleset updation on sensor is handled by pulledpork (0.6.1)

Regards,
Dheeraj