Snort mailing list archives

Re: Regarding Coding for Snort

From: Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 23:27:38 +0530

Hi Joel,

   Yes, this is assignment for project.

   But In this case, I just want the topic on which I could do this work in
short time.

   My goal is to write code for Rules of snort achieved in 4-5 days which
should be 80 -100 lines.

   Seeking for guidance,

   Thanks !!
*
*
*--*
*Cheers,*
*Mayur*

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Joel Esler
<jesler () sourcefire com<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=jesler () sourcefire com>
wrote:

It seems that you are either:

A) Asking this for an assignment or
B) Have no idea what you are asking.

What are you trying to accomplish.  What is your end goal?

On Jul 18, 2013, at 12:55 PM, Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 () gmail
com<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=ram.nath241089 () gmail com>>
wrote:

Hi Waldo,

    Two of them which will take *less time and efficient *would be choice
for my work.

    A preprocessor? GID:3 shared object rules?

    Seeking for guidance,

    Thanks !!

 On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream
net<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=wkitty42 () windstream net>