Snort mailing list archives

Re: Base doesnt show alerts

From: soma patel-smith <dummy.my166 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:39:46 -0700

I though I must have messed something up, but what I did now is :
1.dropped snort database,
2.sourced the barnyard2 create_mysql.sql file, which created these tables :
 data
 detail
 encoding
 event
 icmphdr
 iphdr
 opt
 reference
 reference_system
 schema
 sensor
 sig_class
 sig_reference
 signature
 tcphdr
 udphdr

Then, I extracted base in the www directory and proceeded as usual.
Base now created these tables :
acid_ag
acid_ag_alert
acid_event
acid_ip_cache
base_roles
base_users

Still, after barnyard is started, it puts stuff in mysql snort.event and
nothing gets into acid_event