Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort suddenly not capturing packets

From: "Carter Waxman (cwaxman)" <cwaxman () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:02:33 +0000

Hello Ben,

Just out of curiosity, are you using the pcap DAQ? What version of libpcap do you have installed? I have experienced
the same issue with Arch x64 and it seems to be tied to a versioning issue (libpcap 1.5.1-1 and above breaks in my
case). Try either using the afpacket DAQ (add —daq afpacket to the command line) or downgrading to libpcap 1.4.0 (here
is a link for convenience: http://www.tcpdump.org/release/libpcap-1.4.0.tar.gz).

Let me know how that works,
Carter