Snort mailing list archives

Fwd: Fwd: Snort 'hangs'

From: "Matheus Condi'ez" <conma293 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:58:31 +1200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matheus Condi'ez <conma293 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Fwd: Snort 'hangs'
To: "Tom Peters (thopeter)" <thopeter () cisco com>

those were all the messages snort outputted before crashing... is there a
way for snort to log verbose error or syslogging somewhere so I can maybe
see what is going on?

yes but if there was an OS or kernel wide memory leave it wouldnt be just
snort that hung up...?

the only other thing I can think of is that there are quite a few TCP 254 -
"sensitive_data: sensitive data global threshold exceeded" alerts being
logged

at this stage the best thing i can do is manually kill of and restart snort
every few days....

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Tom Peters (thopeter)