Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question about Sguil

From: Matt Martin <MMartin () jwpepper com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:33:48 +0000

Y M, thanks for the reply...

Ok, that's the explanation I was looking for. I was a bit confused before about that, but I think I got it now...

Basically like this:
            Sensor ---> Goes with the Database
            Server ---> Goes with Snort
            Client ---> Can go anywhere, i.e. my laptop and the like?

Does that sound right?

Thanks again for the explanation!

Thanks,
Matt