Snort mailing list archives

Re: darpa dataset problem(zero alert)

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 22:29:53 +0000

That is from the ruleset that is available at www.snort.org/downloads<http://www.snort.org/downloads>

On Aug 19, 2014, at 6:04 PM, mehdi maleki <mehdimlk2003 () yahoo com<mailto:mehdimlk2003 () yahoo com>> wrote:

Hi Esler

Default configuration of rule doesn't generate alert, so i changed some in snort.conf (enable some alert). Near 23000
alert generated, but there isn't gid=1. General alert didn't generate in my output alert file. While in your output
there are many gid=1 alerts. Which section responsible of gid=1 alerts? What changes do i need to perform in snort.conf
file to have output same to you? I attach my snort.conf file & alert file.
Thanks
m. maleki

<alert_config.zip>