Snort mailing list archives

Re: Alert aggregation

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 20:08:58 +0000

Snort, no, not built in.  The FirePOWER commercial product offered by Cisco does this automatically for you by default.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group

On Apr 18, 2016, at 4:02 PM, Gurgen Hakobyan <hakobyan () outlook com<mailto:hakobyan () outlook com>> wrote:

Hello,

Does Snort have a mechanism to aggregate alerts globally? Like, let’s say, I want Snort to only alert me if there are a
total of 100 alerts generated by one rule (one or many flows, I don’t care)?

Thanks,
Gurgen