Snort mailing list archives

Re: Troubles in paradise

From: Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal () dataix net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 12:54:19 -0500

Angel, I hate to say it but you have a  lot of documentation to read and experiment with that is already out there.

Instead of leaving you blind... I would suggest getting familiar with the "File Hierarchy Standard (FHS)” And the
"Snort Cookbook", plus the UNIX philosophy along with just about every “manual page” for every tool/command you work
with on any project.

There is as lot of philosophy in the UNIX world that usually guide the choices we make for data storage among other
techniques and such.

Good luck, google will be your friend.

--

The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.