Snort mailing list archives

Re: Troubles in paradise

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 04:07:52 -0400

On 04/06/2018 02:56 AM, Alberto Colosi wrote:
I only have a removal message from some antivirus on the road

so to delete the mail , can you tell me where it was as all emails sent on list was only with txt

it is/was a doc file attached to the message written by epoupee () ac-rennes fr... in the snort-users list, Message-ID: <d04435116e0a2c7e882ceec92912f938@127.0.0.1>... if you do not see epoupee_Demande.doc attached to emails from epoupee () ac-rennes fr then something must have cleaned it from the copy you received...

i also received a second one sent directly to me instead of to the list... it did not have a subject line but it was a reply to an earlier message to me from the mailing list...

the files from both messages were identical and both messages, while coming from different originating IPs, look to have been sent using someone's apparently hacked pacifictentandawning.com account... this information can be seen in the header lines... one originated from a time-warner roadrunner IP and the other from an IP in Idaho... both logged into the same yourhostingaccount.com account which is where the email was sent to the list from...