tcpdump mailing list archives

Reading capture files

From: "Richard rh310" <rh310 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 00:59:21 +0000

SuSE 8.2, 2.4.20-4GB, Intel P4.  "Stock" pcaplib and tcpdump.  GNU gcc 3.3

I'm writing a program that uses pcaplib to open tcpdump capture files.

I'm using two calls:

  pcap_open_offline();
  pcap_loop();

Neither function returns an error, but the loopback function is never called. If I use

  pcap_open_live();

instead, pcap_loop() works as expected.

I presume I'm doing something really brain-dead.  Can anyone point it out?

(I can post compilable sample code or provide more detail as needed.)

Danke...