tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Reading capture files

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 22:23:53 -0700

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 12:59:21AM +0000, Richard rh310 wrote:
I'm writing a program that uses pcaplib to open tcpdump capture files.

I'm using two calls:

   pcap_open_offline();
   pcap_loop();

Neither function returns an error, but the loopback function is never
called.

(I assume you mean the callback function.)

(I can post compilable sample code or provide more detail as needed.)

We'd probably have to see your code.  You might want to take a look at
the tcpdump source code, tcpdump.c in particular, for an example of how
to use the "pcap_open_" routines and "pcap_loop()".
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe