tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Buffer size question

From: Ed Maste <emaste () phaedrus sandvine ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:49:43 -0400

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 04:37:41PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:

Including such an argument at the time the new API is introduced
obviously doesn't introduce compatibility issues for that API. :-)
(I'm actually thinking of an attribute/value list for various open
options in the API, so that additional "arguments" can be introduced as
desired without requiring API changes.)

I think that's a great idea.  The promisc option could then use the
same method.  Bruce Simpson posted (here and to freebsd-net) a patch to
add an ioctl to control timestamp behaviour which would also be
nicely handled with an attribute/value list scheme.

Ed Maste
Sandvine Inc.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.