tcpdump mailing list archives

libpcap linux direction

From: "David H. Lynch Jr." <dhlii () dlasys net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:35:08 -0400

    I am using libpcap under linux as a pseudo NIC for an embeded system
emulator.
    I have no difficulty trapping a linux interface and sending and
receiving packets to the outside net.
    However, I am unable to send/receive packets to the IP of the
interface I  am trapping.
    I have tried adding a  pcap_setdirection(pd, PCAP_D_INOUT) which
succeeds but changes nothing.

    a clue would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

--
Dave Lynch                                                  DLA Systems
Software Development:                                    Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to
move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.