tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: reconstruct HTTP requests in custom sniffer

From: Andrej van der Zee <andrejvanderzee () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 16:42:40 +0900

Hi Cedric,

Looks very similar to :

http://github.com/securactive/junkie

Is the intention of junkie to follow TCP streams and reassemble complete
HTTP requests/responses from the packets? How far is this implemented?

if you can live with the AGPL, maybe we could join forces ?

At first sight it sounds tempting, as I have no intention to re-invent the
wheel again. Though, the project "libnids" already seems to follow TCP
streams and fully re-assemble HTTP requests/responses. Though, in some of
our side-projects we need to follow TCP streams with truncated packets and
libnids is not designed for this. It would be nice to use one solution for
all our projects, and maybe junkie could solve this.

Cheers,
Andrej
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.