tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: rpcap support?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:44:01 +0200

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 01:33:06AM +0200, Joerg Mayer wrote:
Is there a reason why libpcap does not have rpcap support? The winpcap
sources contain (a probably outdated) patch against libpcap 1.0.0 to
implement this (wpcap/libpcap/remote_code.patch).

Soe either there is no reason or the people who have reasons keep them to
themselves. As a colleague of mine encountered a device that had the
server built in and he had to fire up a windows vm just to be able to
capture I thought I'd go ahead and forward port the patch. Due to its
size it's compressed. As it is jsut the patch from winpacap, please let
me know if there are any things to change (style) to get it included.

Cia
o Jörg

PS: I don't care about the server, but the protocol seems to have be come a de facto standard....
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>
-