tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: rpcap support?

From: Gianluca Varenni <Gianluca.Varenni () riverbed com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:05:33 +0000

A comment on this. In the last couple of years I've been actually thinking of dumping the rpcap support out of WinPcap.
The reason is that such code is pretty much unmaintained, I struggle to have the patch compile on Windows every time,
let linux (and all the other OSes supported by libpcap) aside. Having rpcapd support integrated into libpcap would
definitely make my life much easier, but code maintenance can be an issue.

Any thoughts on this?

Have a nice day
GV