tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Link type proposal, IEEE 802.1Qbu Frame Preemption Protocol

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 09:56:38 -0800

On Dec 2, 2017, at 4:06 AM, Anton Glukhov <anton.a.glukhov () gmail com> wrote:

You are right, “express" packet is exactly the same as “ordinary”. From my point of view it’s ok to show express
traffic as part of preemption traffic, hence I’d like to see Express packets in favour of “ordinary” one. Anyway I
guess If we choose specific link type for 802.1qbu & 802.1br it would be the “context” in which “ordinary” traffic is
called “express” packets.

OK, so we'll have LINKTYPE_ETHERNET_MPACKET/DLT_ETHERNET_MPACKET, specified as:

        mPackets, as specified by IEEE 802.3br Figure 99-4, starting with the preamble and always ending with a CRC
field

Does that make sense?