Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: icq accounts

From: sarnold () WILLAMETTE EDU (Seth R Arnold)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:21:52 -0800

(Sven, you might wish to :set textwidth=74 or so...)

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 08:38:23PM +0000, Sven E. van 't Veer wrote:
I use LICQ on my linuxbox and it lets me add any user I want without
asking for authorization, sure it gives me the option to ask for
authorization if I really want to, but it's not needed.

I can also send messages spoofing the UIN. I can Query the OS of the user
do a a finger, lookup hostname.

I don't use these options much, anyway it does hardly as good a job as
nmap, so I guess you don't have to be a hacker to do these things.

licq actually fires off nmap and queso and finger to find out all this
information -- it just makes it available in a convenient menu system.

--
Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into