Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Proxy stuff

From: "Weiss, Bill" <bill_weiss () ATT NET>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:01:14 +0000

Ah, well, if you really are just blocked to those ports,
running SSHd, telnetd, or leapfrog (or similar) will do
the trick.  If it's anything like me at school though,
you're actually behind an invisible proxy.  In this
case, something a bit more radical is needed.  I think I
saw a tool called httproxy (something like that), to be
run on a friendly server.

Note: your employer may not be happy about you
surfing /. or whatever at work.  I am not responsible if
they decide to make this point more clear.
I have got a question:
Is there any possibileties of braking usable ports limitation, what i mean is My
company has instaled proxy that will not put me throught any
other port than 80 and 25. Is there still any possibilety of use telnet ftp (on
their own ports) ?