Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Administrivia #4883

From: BlueBoar () THIEVCO COM (Blue Boar)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:39:30 -0800

Ok, folks have been slacking off on this list since about Thanksgiving,
minus the occasional post or flood of e-mails regarding cluelessness
about rm. :)

To spark a bit of interest, I want to try doing a group review of a few
packages.  I'd like folks to submit some piece of software for review
to the list.  Ideally, it would be something that most of us can get
and poke at, so it should run under Windows or *nix.  Preferably,
something with a security aspect like a network daemon or service,
CGI script, or a setgid file, and that hasn't been looked at too hard
before.

I think we can skip mail server software for Windows, as USSR Labs
seems to have that covered.

I'll give it a day or two, and post a few of the pieces of software that
I think are interesting.

We'll see how people like this. Perhaps this could be SOP when the list
is quieter than usual.

                                                BB