Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: e-mail filtering

From: eduardo.cunha.rodriguez () XUNTA ES (eduardo.cunha.rodriguez () XUNTA ES)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:17:34 +0200

Trend Micro's ScanMail for Lotus Notes (NT version) filters file
attachements by name and type and scans for viruses.  However we do not have
a keyword or subject line filter.  For the later, you might consider using
InterScan VirusWall and eManager to filter SMTP traffic.

I was talking about a particular solution if you have already installed an
antivirus. I know there are some capabilities in some antivirus that let you
filter the incoming mail, but I'm searching for a stand-alone product, not an
antivirus with some extras. We´re not going to change our antivirus by now. And
the solution I´m thinking of is to make some LotusScript code. Do you know any
product which can process the mail after the antivirus checking?
Regards
   Edu Cunha