Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: DoS Local machines

From: buanzox () USA NET (Arturo Busleiman)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:02:45 -0300

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Jason wrote:

Hello all,
hi!

I am a network admin that is willing to take the next step in preventing
machines from attacking other machines on my network.  Let's say that IDS
such as LIDS detects an attack, I am planning on an offensive attack upon
the attacker (provided that the 'attacker' is an ip not coming from
outside of my router). I have control of over 2500 machines in several
I kinda like your idea, but if an attack was automatically triggered,
couldn't I, for example, start and attack to IP1, but attacking you [IP2]
spoofing IP1, so my 'attack' would be completely anonymous? IP2 would be
really attacking IP1.

see my point or is it a very stupid idea?

*> Get PGP KEY: use pgpk -a hkp://horowitz.surfnet.nl/buanzox () usa net
*> Lista social de mail. Envia e-mail en blanco a lsb-subscribe () egroups com
*> Panic? My kernel doesn't panic! We are doomed! DustDustDust!!!!