Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Alternative ways of IP spoofing?

From: pdoru () KAPPA RO (Doru Petrescu)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 23:08:00 +0300

  There is another problem with your scenario. A well configured router
will not accept to forward a packet to a brodcast address. Why ? Imagine
someone sending a fake echo request from a brodcast address to your
brodcast address.

Best regards,
------
Doru Petrescu
KappaNet - Software Engineer
E-mail: pdoru () kappa ro                LINUX - the choice of the GNU generation