Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Recovering the activation key from a Win2K installation

From: Technical Support <bob () dexis net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:51:36 -0700

In my system win2000 server, it is called ProductId
Not ProductKey

and it is numeric not alpha like the  key on the cd.

Bob

At 6/29/2001 04:36 AM, you wrote:
On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 04:27:16PM +0100, George Bolton wrote:

> In Windows 2000, there are in fact two entries, both called "ProductKey",
> one under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion and
> another in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WinNT\CurrentVersion.
> Presumably the reason for the second entry is for backward compatibility,
> but I'm not sure.

neither of these exist under windows 2000 professional. i also did a
registry search for the string ProductKey which turned up nothing.

--
meiso () meiso org .__ http://meiso.org/
 |__|_|  /\___  >__/____  >____/  <demos> (sorry, wiping cum off keyboard)