Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: 0-day exploit..do i hear $1000?

From: "bacano" <bacano () esoterica pt>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:35:18 +0100

hi2all

I suppose that all this have to do just with semantics, like other
discutions around ... while some had learned that the internet is (was) a
cooperative network, where it's possible to get so much information to the
point that (somehow of) free contribution is a duty, others learned from the
begining that internet is (but wasn't) a commercial network.

While the 1st's start to get jobs and money out of this, and in the other
hand continue to contribute for free, the 2nd's start to get money and jobs
from the begining.
The 1st's will never accept that the 2nd's are on this just for money, while
the 2nd's will never understand why others have a passion in contribute for
free.

I suppose that using a nickname while doing things for free, and using a
real name while doing things for money, is a nice way to show that some
still beleave that internet may be (stay) a cooperative network, while
getting money for pizzas it's a all diferent issue.

But still people will not understand that getting money out of passion it's
a all diferent business, even if much older ... I hope it will be
cooperative also some day :>

[  ]'s bacano