Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Problem with xkill

From: Sumit Dhar <dhar () dexponet com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 05:35:14 -0500 (EST)

While at university, we used to have machines which were not properly
configured. Most of them had "xhost +" enabled as default. Well this led
to some interesting possibilities:

1. export DISPLAY="machineip:0.0"
2. xlsclients -al   [Gives you a nice beautiful listing :)]
3. xev -id "IDoftheWindow" [This allows you to see what the user in an
xterm is typing"
4. And there is always the xkill -id "IDoftheWindow"

Well I guess there are thousands of other possibilities. All you need to
do from having someone do this to you, is give the command "xhost -"

Regards,
Manager, Business Development and Products,
SLMsoft.com