Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: What to do with a vulerability?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:50:37 -0800

Oliver Lavery wrote:
        I believe that I have come up with a new and perhaps more effective
way of creating stealth virii / trojans on Win32. Let's assume
hypothetically that I'm not some loon, and actually have an original and
workable idea.

So you are saying you've got a way to hide a process running on a Windows machine?

3) Develop a proof of concept and release it publically.

If you're wondering if a process hidden in this way can be detected, then release a simple proof-of-concept program, and invite the list readers to come up with a countermeasure. Your code needn't be viral or designed to spread in any way.

                                                BB