WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Web Application Analysis Tools?

From: "Jeff Williams @ Aspect" <jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:08:39 -0500

Flawfinder (http://www.dwheeler.com/flawfinder/), RATS, and ITS4 are all
nicely discussed in this article
http://www.linuxjournal.com//article.php?sid=5673. Mainly they focus on
"generic" problems like buffer overflows and TOCTOU.

My guess is that you would be far better off taking a good hard look at
the OWASP guide and/or some of the web application security books out
there, and doing a code review yourself.  You'll want to focus on the
problems that are most likely to present serious risks to your site, like
SQL injection, XSS, error handling, crypto problems, etc...  Check the
recent "top ten" thread for more.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams
jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com