WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: SQL Injection Basics

From: Jerry Connolly <jerry () nologin net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 02:11:56 +0000

dreamwvr () dreamwvr com said the following on Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:17AM,
Well that is what the job of a application proxy is by definition.

An application proxy is certainly one method of achieving this effect, but
the term 'firewall' may be unfortunate in this context as it may incorrectly
imply that one is always using a product or piece of software to achieve the
effect.

The concept as used in the book I mentioned refers to "boundaries across
which propagation of erroneous values is explicitly checked and contained"
and is not security specific.

In fact, after actually digging out the book and checking, the word
'logical' doesn't appear.  (I coulda sworn ... )

--
ejrry^[bxpZZ