WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Database Encryption -- Sql Injection

From: "Dave Bergert" <dbergert () nobel-net com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:13:08 -0500

Any valid reason (other then performance) why I couldn't do both?

For Selects:

At Sql Level

        Select DecryptRSA(AccountNumber) as AcctNo from someTable where
user = '12345'

At Application Level

        AcctNo = DecryptAES(RecordSet("AcctNo"))

For DDL -- Inserts/Updates

        Acctno = EncryptAES(AccountNumber)
        Insert into someTable AccountNumber Values EncryptRSA(Acctno)

Comments?

Regards,
Dave Bergert