WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: WAS-XML

From: "Mark Curphey" <mark () curphey com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:25:01 -0400

I think I would characterize the two efforts as complimentary not
competitive.

The WAS-XML proposers are more focused (biased) on the source data
description portion of the problem and AVDL (as I understand it) is more
focused in the communications part of the problem. WAS-XML is essentially
extending and formalizing the OWASP VulnXML work that started over a year
ago.

AVDL and WAS-XML will work together to ensure there is a synergy and we are
already starting those discussions. I would imagine (and hope) that at some
point in the future the two become very tightly coupled.