WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Reverse Proxy Server?

From: Stig Palmquist <stig-njus () palmquist org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 18:43:39 +0200

Dean Thompson <deansub () ev1 net> writes:

We develop numerous internal web applications that we occasionally
need to publish to customers.  In very sensitive scenarios, we will
force them to use a VPN to connect.  In others, we just publish a
server/app beyond the firewall.  I would like to see a solution that
could handle both scenarios easily, and would not require that I put
multiple servers or apps outside the firewall.

Apache's mod_rewrite may help you. It has the 'Proxy Throughput'
function. Although it won't parse your HTML and fix your links, it
should work if you have relative links on your services.

- http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/rewriteguide.html

--
stig