WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Perl variable sanitization functions

From: Tim Greer <chatmaster () charter net>
Date: 29 Aug 2003 14:43:55 -0700

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 14:33, Nigel Stepp wrote:
On 29 Aug 2003, Tim Greer wrote:

[ snip ]

I like what you guy's are doing, but I'm curious to know
if there isn't already a module existing that provides these checks?  If
not, it's great to see you guy's have the initiative to get some out
there! :-)

I was thinking the same thing.  There probably are a lot of things out
there (of various goodness levels).

I think these are things that people end up making for themselves.  I
have a library of functions that I made up, and use for all of my
projects, but it never seemed difficult enough to require looking for
already made versions, or to publish my own.

Of course, the scary truth is that most people probably don't do it all.
(!!)

Good point.  Basically, I just create filters or checks for the program
or script I'm working on, since it's not really any more work and I have
pieces of code I can reuse and slightly modify if needed, but I think a
module would be great for the people that don't know and don't care....
not that I'd care, but exploits on other people's scripts/programs
usually end up annoying us all (when someone spams through it or
whatever else).
--
Tim Greer <chatmaster () charter net>