WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Security tool for monitoring HTTPS traffic?

From: "Amichai Shulman" <shulman () imperva com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 10:14:38 +0200

We implemented in our product the ability to passively monitor HTTPS
traffic without interrupting the original stream. This feature is
intended for use by server owners. Once you have the private key loaded
into our sensor it will reconstruct the session key by passively
monitoring the key exchange between clients and server. From then on it
uses the obtained key to reconstruct the plaintext and process it
through a number of filter that allow detection of information leakage
source code disclosure, detailed error messages and so on. All this is
achieved without cutting the actual communication line but rather by
tapping into a span port in a switch or by using a network hardware tap.

Amichai Shulman
CTO
Imperva(TM) Inc.
Hachilazon 12, Ramat-Gan, ISRAEL