WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: testing web app security

From: "A.D. Douma" <addouma () home nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:57:09 +0100

Books:
Hacking 'Web Applications' Exposed, Osborne
Web Hacking, Osborne
Secure Coding - Principles & Practises, O'Reilly
Exploiting Software, Addison Wesley
The Shellcoder's Handbook : Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes, John
Wiley & Sons

Software:
There are many automated web application auditing tools around. F.e. you can
get a 7 day trial
licesense on sanctuminc.com 's AppScan. Not a complete solution but a good
way to see what
shape the webapp is in. (in my opinion).

One site of course is www.owasp.org.

Best regards,

Andrew