WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: unable to access web site embeds username & password

From: "Chris Thomas" <Chris.Thomas () bigpictureinteractive co uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:50:16 +0100

You can change this in the registry:

To disable the new default behavior in Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer, create iexplore.exe and explorer.exe
DWORD values in one of the following registry keys and set their value data to 0

For all users of the program, set the value in the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE