WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: ISAPI

From: "Maxim Kostioukov" <maxim () francoudi com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 09:22:52 +0300

Dave,

If your ISAPI extension uses synchronous WriteClient calls with large data buffers, there are following workarounds:

1. Increase the connection timeout value in the Web site properties on the server.
2. Use asynchronous I/O (note that this is only possible with an ISAPI filter or extension).
3. Call the various write methods with a small amount of data in a loop, and keep looping until all of the data is sent.

This is how it said in
PRB: Slow Clients Disconnected When Server Uses Large Synchronous Write Methods

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314402&Product=iis50