WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: query: switching b/n secure and non-secure mode

From: Andrew Sledge <asledge () gpc edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:09:41 -0400

A quick google search revealed:

  1. On the *View* (or *Tools*) menu, click *Options* (or *Internet
     Options*).
  2. In Internet Explorer 3.x, click the *Advanced* tab, click to
     select the *Warn if changing between secure and unsecure mode*
     check box under *Page*, and then click *OK*.

     In Internet Explorer 4.x and 5, click the *Advanced* tab, click to
     select the *Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode*
     check box under *Security*, and then click *OK*.

Works in IE 6.whatever as well. Its the next to the last option on the advanced tab.

Rufoo wrote:

Hi,
For an applications that I regularly use, today on a
Win XP, I got this warning popup from IE that said I
am switching from a secure site to a non-secure one.
It seems IE has an option 'warn when switching between
secure and non secure mode', and it turns out that it
is ON by default. I checked out with a bunch of guys
as this option is on their machines, and all of them
have it OFF and no one recalls when they turned it
OFF. Neither do I.
Does anyone know more about this option? If installing
any service packs turns it off or something like that?

Thanks
~r