WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: key storage

From: Ajay <abra9823 () mail usyd edu au>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 00:19:33 +1000

On another note, how should the webserver authenticate itself to the
proxy (especially if unattended)?  I have Googled extensively for best
practices in this scenario and come up with lots of vendor fluff but
little hard information.

i believe the webserver i will be using can be made to use x509
certificates and the exchange could take place over SSL
what scares me is speed. this setup will be very slow. since the hash will
be cheked each time and you have no state and wont write the keys to a
file on the webserver, you will establish a connection with the proxy over
SSL each time a request is made.

i think i am just going to have to go with slightly less security and have
the hash key in a file not directly under www root. or maybe i need to
google a little more

Roman Fail