WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [tool] Webstretch - open source web toolkit

From: Rogan Dawes <discard () dawes za net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:43:39 +0200

Hi Simon, and others.

Just thought that I'd point out that WebScarab does all of the below-mentioned things, and a LOT more besides. It is also Java, part of the OWASP project, etc, etc.

Rather than duplicating effort, it seems to me that it makes sense to combine efforts to create a single best-of-breed tool.

All contributions to WebScarab are most welcome. Right now, Webscarab is going through a re-architecture phase, but the latest version on sourceforge is quite stable (I think - at least, I've received no bug reports).

Please try it, and let me know if there is something missing that you need.

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=64424&package_id=61823

Regards,

Rogan Dawes

Simon Shanks wrote:

Tool available at ...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/webstretch
(written in Java)

Enables a user to view & alter all aspects of http comunication with a
web site via a proxy. Primarily used for security based penetration
testing of web sites, it can also be used for debugging during
development. Basically, its main feature is that it allows you to
access the web, and shows you the information its about to pass to the
web server, so that you can view & alter any info (all while still in
your browser)

New features appearing all the time. e.g.

* request alteration
* request viewing
* html comment detection
* browser impersonation
* hidden area detection
* proxy chaining

Please add any problems, feature requests, comments, etc to the page
linked above.

--
Rogan Dawes

*ALL* messages to discard () dawes za net will be dropped, and added
to my blacklist. Please respond to "lists AT dawes DOT za DOT net"