WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Code Complexity vs. Security

From: David King <davewking () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:59:01 -0600

I remember there was a section on this near the
beginning of the book "Exploiting Software: How to Break Code" (Greg
Hoglund and Gary McGraw).  If I remember right they site a couple of
studies and they seem to believe the number of lines of code is the
one of the best indicators of the number of bugs the software will
have.

Dave King
www.thesecure.net