WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Auditing user session activity

From: "Matt Fisher" <mattfisher () comcast net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:55:14 -0400

I think alot of sites are already wrapping their off-site links through an
exit page of some sorts, mostly so they can track click-throughs.  You could
just strip it there ... call the exit page without the session ID, then the
exit page redirects to the other site.

Of, if you need the session info even on the exit page, simply script the
links into posted form submissions to the exit page instead.

Any forseeable issues with either ?