WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Auditing user session activity

From: "Michael Silk" <michaels () phg com au>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:59:27 +1000

Hi Jeff,

        Depending on your language you could always consider batching up
the writing-to-the-database functions by storing activity inside the
'Application' state of the website and then periodically writing that to
the database.

        And if you are concerned about size perhaps you could map each
URL, or set or URL's and posts, etc, to "Activities", and number them,
hence having a log of something like:

            user      | time                         | activityid
        joe     | 7-Oct-2004 12:00 AM | 1

        And to help cleanup perhaps activities could have some form of
'importance' and lower importanceactivities are cleaned up earlier then
high-importance ones.

-- Michael