WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: ASP vs. ASP.NET

From: "Calderon, Juan Carlos (GE Commercial Finance, NonGE)" <juan.calderon () ge com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:08:12 -0400

Hi

I don't think one is more secure than the other as you said there are ways to secure both. However, ASP is harder to
secure than ASP.NET from the application layer point of view.

Imagine this, what do you have to do to implement a Role based authorization scheme in ASP 3.0? and what's for
ASP.NET?, much different uh? so basically the same think can be performed in both technologies, but implementing the
same security level will be faster in the newer technology.

Cheers
-Juan C