WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: ASP vs. ASP.NET

From: "Anil John" <Editor () SecureCoder com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:13:29 -0400

You can write insecure code in pretty much any language and platform of your
choice.. If you are focusing on writing secure web applications using
ASP.NET, I would suggest that you check out the following resources:

Building Secure ASP.NET Applications: Authentication, Authorization, and
Secure Communication
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/ht
ml/secnetlpMSDN.asp?frame=true

Improving Web Application Security: Threats and Countermeasures
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/ht
ml/ThreatCounter.asp

Both provide specific and actionable ways to write secure ASP.NET
applications.

Regards,

- Anil

-- http://SecureCoder.com
-- Architecture & Security in an Imperfect World