WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: aspx applictions SQL Injection

From: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:42:12 +0100

Hi Ahmed,

First of all, your are probably 'IT Audit Manager' and not 'IT Audit Manger' as your email saids at the very end :-)

Second, your question ... Well, I posted myself a thread relating to your trouble on this list a couple of days ago
(BTW, the thread seems still open): "ASP vs. ASP.NET". And the reply was was I was thinking:
        - You can do secure apps. and crap apps. with asp and asp.net ...
        - asp.net is easier to develop with than asp .... but harder to learn :).

It's then so stupid to tell that using Perl/asp/asp.net/whatever language is THE solution: every language can be THE
solution, if people using it are good enough to develop it in a good manner. But asp.net seems easier to secure than
asp, that's sound OK.

So the IT people you are talking do not seem very skilled to me, and maybe lazy as well.

Maybe the best way to convince them is to make a compil of docs written by some gurus telling what I said below ...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=fr&q=sql+injection+asp.net&lr= seems to me a good starting point :=)

HTH !