WebApp Sec mailing list archives

aspx applictions SQL Injection

From: "Mohamed Ali" <rxmohamed () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:23:16 +0000

Hi all,

I did a full pen-test on my client’s web application and almost I can get all data and data dictionary information I need through exploiting SQL injection vulnerabilities they have in many dynamic pages.

The question is when I discussed these issues with IT people they recommend not to solve any of them but just converting to .Net technology I’m not familiar with Net tech. but this recommendation sounds weird to me IS THERE ANY WAY TO PROVE THAT THEIR RECOMMENDATION IS NOT ENOUGH TO PREVERT UNAUTHRIZED ACCESS THROUGH SQL INJECTION (their platform IIS ,SQL Server and Oracle )

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ahmed Rashad
IT Audit Manger