WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: advice needed - secure transfer of client details

From: GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:09:38 -0400

Hello Tim,

At first read, something along the lines of SSL jumps into my head. I
really can't imagine it's safe to be sending such data over the wire,
regardless if it's spoofed or not! Too easy to listen in, then really
mess with something.

Beyond that, it kinda depends on the environment. You never mentioned
what OS the workstations were running (java is cross platform). You
also never mentioned what OS the server is running. Details such as
these would help limit the posibilities of "other ways". Drop us soem
more info and hopefully you'll get some more specific responses. =)

--
Peace. ~G