WebApp Sec mailing list archives

OWASP WebGoat 3.5

From: "Jeff Williams" <jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:11:08 -0500

Hi Everyone,

WebGoat 3.5 was released today. It is a full J2EE web application that is structured around "lessons" -- each one demonstrates a common web application vulnerability. Download the latest version from http://www.owasp.org/software/webgoat.html

This new version includes many improvements to existing lessons, better lesson instructions, as well as some new lessons. We also upgraded the standalone version to use Tomcat 5.5.4 and JDK 1.5.

We are actively working on some new lessons ( DOS, parameter injection, and Buffer Overflow ) and I will create a new release as soon as those are completed. If you have any ideas for new lessons... now would be the appropriate time to send me an email.

Bruce (bruce.mayhew () aspectsecurity com)